A coroner’s report into B.C. teen actor Logan Williams‘ loss of life final 12 months has dominated the 16-year-old died of an unintended drug overdose.
Williams died on April 2, 2020, and the coroner’s report launched Thursday discovered he had consumed fentanyl.
The Coquitlam-born actor was finest recognized for taking part in the younger model of the titular DC superhero Barry Allen in The CW’s The Flash, which movies usually in Burnaby. He additionally had minor roles in collection like Supernatural and When Calls the Coronary heart.
Vancouver police and movie crew reenact 1940’s Babes in Woods chilly case
Final 12 months, his mother informed World Information her son had wished to be an actor because the age of 10. Regardless of her misgivings, she mentioned they related with an agent who rapidly booked an audition on the Hallmark film The Coloration of Rain.
His profession took off from there.
The coroner’s report mentioned that as Williams obtained older, he struggled with psychological well being and had a historical past of “consuming illicit substances.”
In 2019, he was positioned within the care of the Ministry of Youngsters and Household Growth, however the coroner mentioned Williams “usually declined to take part.”
On Feb. 26, 2020, he was discovered unresponsive after taking medicine, however was resuscitated. Nevertheless, the coroner mentioned he was identified with a big mind harm that affected his reminiscence and functioning.
Langley father speaks out about his household’s heartbreaking loss to overdose disaster
Williams mentioned he wished remedy and was discharged from the hospital on March 11 to a specialised facility, in accordance with the report.
“Medical professionals documented that Logan was at excessive threat for severe harm or loss of life,” the report mentioned.
On April 1, Williams left the ability and was reported lacking to police. When he returned, the coroner mentioned he was agitated and beneath the affect of a substance.
He reportedly final spoke with employees at about 4 a.m. on April 2, and when employees tried to wake him at 9:30 a.m., he was unresponsive and never respiratory. The coroner mentioned employees had carried out hourly checks and that he had gave the impression to be sleeping.
“When paramedics arrived, they didn’t try resuscitation because it was obvious that Logan was deceased. Drug paraphernalia was positioned close to to Logan’s physique,” the report mentioned.
Unintended cocaine and fentanyl overdose claimed lifetime of sports activities author Jason Botchford
His official reason behind loss of life has been dominated unintended acute drug toxicity.
The report mentioned the Ministry of Youngsters and Household Growth is within the technique of finishing a assessment into his loss of life.
The coroners service additionally advisable that the Consultant for Youngsters and Youth contemplate reviewing the providers supplied to Williams in a bid to enhance outcomes for B.C. youngsters.
© 2021 World Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.